Our School Program for Children with Dyslexia utilizes the program developed at the Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas, TX. It addresses the unique learning needs of children with Dyslexia in small group settings. We fully fund this two-year program at Saint Francis de Sales School in Galveston County.
The Texas Scottish Rite Hospital Dyslexia Training Program is an innovative instructional DVD series presenting a curriculum specifically designed to meet the Texas Education Agency (TEA) Dyslexia Program descriptors. This linguistic program is systematic, sequential and cumulative.
It consists of:
- Five orientation classes
- 336 one-hour instructional classes
- 14 progress measurement classes
The classroom lessons are designed to teach:
- Alphabet and dictionary skills
- Multi-sensory introduction to new learning
- Listening and reading comprehension